Terms & Conditions
Updated 3 January 2017
Functions at Baumhaus are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Before your party can be booked, you must fill out the online application that can be found on our website: http://baumhaus.com.hk/birthday-parties. Bookings cannot be made over the phone.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. We cannot reserve your party without a deposit.
The full payment balance is due 2 weeks prior to the party date. Final numbers must be confirmed at this time. If more children attend on the day of the party, it will be necessary to pay HKD 150 for every additional child.
Fees paid for additional children that do not attend the party will not be refunded.
Unpaid invoices of parties within 1 week of the party date may be subject to cancellation.
Payments can be settled via online bank transfer or cheque. A copy of the confirmation must be sent to the Events Manager. Payment will not be accepted on the day of the party. We do not accept cash payments.
Baumhaus Playroom rules apply to all functions at Baumhaus. A copy is provided in section 2. Please read carefully before signing your agreement to these terms.
Set up: You are welcome to come to Baumhaus 30 minutes before your event to set up. Guests will not be granted access until your designated party slot.
Our Open Party packages cater for a maximum of 15 children and, for each child, a maximum of 2 accompanying adults.
Our Exclusive Party packages cater for a maximum of 30 children and, for each child, a maximum of 2 accompanying adults.
Alcoholic Beverages are not permitted at Baumhaus during daytime events and parties. Some exception can be made for exclusive parties.
Catering Terms: In the case of catering dispute, the Catering Manager reserves the right make the final decision on all matters.
Decorations: Balloons, Bunting and birthday banners are permitted. Blue tack is the only acceptable adhesive.
For Open Parties in Baumhaus Wan Chai, three tables in the Coffee Lounge will be reserved for your guests and food. For Open Parties in Baumhaus Harbour City, your party will retain four tables in the Coffee Lounge for your guests and food. The playroom will be open to other Baumhaus clients throughout your event/party.
All guests are required to wear socks in the playroom and studio. Please inform your guests.
Postponement of a booking will only be accepted in the event of a Black Rainstorm Warning or if a Typhoon No.8 or above is hoisted at or before 7am on the day of the party. Fees will not be refunded. The party may be rescheduled within 2 months, subject to availability.
In the event that you should have to postpone your booking due to unavoidable circumstances, a minimum of 3 days notice is required. There will be a HKD 2000 fee to reschedule. If the Food Package is cancelled later than three days notice, payment is forfeited.
All guests must vacate Baumhaus within 15 minutes of the end of the party or the fee for an additional hour will be applied.
In the event of a dispute, Baumhaus and its staff reserves the right to make the final decision on all matters.
Baumhaus Playroom Rules (apply to all functions at Baumhaus)
- Baumhaus Playroom is tailor-made for children aged 0–6yrs. Children over 6yrs of age are not permitted. Baumhaus reserves the right to request for older children to leave the playroom.
- The maximum number of children permitted in the playroom at any one time is 20. When possible, the Studio areas will be opened up to accommodate more children (maximum 30 for private functions). In the interests of playroom harmony and safety, Baumhaus reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Socks are required for ALL adults.
- Supervision of children is not the responsibility of Baumhaus staff members. Parents/Guardians must accept responsibility and supervision for their own child.
- Temperature checks and hand sanitiser are mandatory as per our Illness Policy.
- The following are prohibited in the Studio and Playroom: the use of mobile phone devices, the consumption of food/drinks and, photography and/or videography of children other than your own.
- Adults may only consume food & beverage that is purchased from Baumhaus Coffee Lounge. Baby food is permitted.
- Adverse weather: Baumhaus will be closed when a black rainstorm or typhoon signal number 8 or above is hoisted. We will reopen 2 hours after such warnings are lowered or removed.
- Baumhaus shall not be liable for any personal injury or property damage/loss that occurs on the premises.
- Private functions: There may be private events booked on the weekends. To avoid disappointment, please check with reception, our website https://baumhaus.com.hk or our Facebook homepage: https://www.facebook.com/BaumhausHK
- Baumhaus reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time without notice.